As I write my blogs each week, I pay close attention to topics that come across my path. Lately, remembering to be kind has come up quite often.
If you listen at all to the news, there is so much unkindness that is being spread each day out in our world, like I have never seen before.
I have seen meme’s on social media lately about choosing kindness.
Being kind is an important way of bringing meaning to our own lives. It also brings joy to the lives of others around us.
It allows us to communicate better, be more compassionate, and also to be a positive force in people’s lives. Kindness has its true source deep within you, and while some people are innately kind, it’s something that everyone can cultivate by choice.
Be kind to yourself. Many people make the error of trying to be kind to others while at the same time not focusing on being kind to themselves.
Kindness comes from deep in your heart. It’s being generous without thinking of what may come back to you.
We may forget the importance of being deeply kind to one another. As you consciously begin to be kind to others and to yourself, you will feel a sense of being complete. Something you may not have noticed was missing inside of you. Your life will be filled with more joy and happiness than you’ve ever experienced.
Minimize judgment. If you really want to be kind, then you have to kick your judgment to the curb. Instead of spending your time being critical of other people or yourself, work on being positive and compassionate.
Do you remember my blog awhile ago about Curiosity Vs Judgment?
When you can switch into being curious about another and why they behaved in a certain way, instead of going straight to judging them, you will begin to move toward being kind.
Be grateful. People who are truly kind are easily able to express gratitude. They don’t take anything for granted and always thank people for helping them out. They take the time to say “thank you” and really mean it.
Slowing down to stop and appreciate people, places and things will shift your vibration higher, and you’ll find being kind much easier.
As you begin to consciously choose kindness, you will be helping to raise the vibration of this planet.
Here are 10 things you can do to remember to be kind:
1. Be resolved to become a kind person. How do you do this? Think, speak, and act with kindness.
2. When you do what you love, you are happy. A master of kindness is a master of joy.
3. When encountering someone, let your first thoughts be, “What kind words can I say to this person and what kind things can I do?”
4. Keep asking people, “What can I do for you?”
5. Everyone needs encouragement. Ask yourself, “What can I say that will be encouraging?
6. Wherever you are, you are there for a reason. Ask yourself, “Since I am here now, what kindness can I do?”
7. Do a daily act of kindness without letting anyone know who did it.
8. Think of a kindness telephone call you can make today. A letter or email that you can send today.
9. Keep asking yourself, “If I were this person, what would I want others to do for me?”
10. Pray for the welfare of others.
My suggestion is to copy and print the 10 ideas to move you toward being kind more often than not.
I would love to hear your ideas or thoughts about always remembering to be kind. Will you leave me a comment or send me an email?
With my hopes you will choose kindness,
PS. There is still room for you to join me and a small group of people October 5-12, 2018 in Kauai. Our very unique Glow Kauai Spiritual Vacation Retreat is a place to relax, learn, rejuvenate, have fun and just BE.
All details and videos from past retreats are here:
After looking at all of the information and videos, you will know if this retreat is speaking to you. If it is, contact me ASAP!