Celebrating Ourselves. Do you take time to celebrate yourself?
I so enjoyed my birthday on July 8th and all of the celebratory messages on Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, the cards I received in the US Mail and many phone calls!
I learned from one of my mentors a couple years ago, that we do not take the time to really celebrate ourselves. She then encouraged me to plan my 60th birthday party, which was last year in 2015. I thought this very odd and it felt unfamiliar to me. (Photo shown is from my 60th birthday party)
I grew up with my mom really helping each of us 5 kids feel very special on our birthdays. We didn’t have to do any chores and we picked out what we wanted for our dinner and for our dessert. I have always felt special on my birthday and did things to help my children and loved ones feel special on their birthdays.
Only what about every day? What about feeling special and loving yourself enough to take time out of every day to do something to celebrate you?
Here are some things I do often to help celebrate me and keep me positive and healthy. Add one thing in at a time, beginning with baby steps!
- Start each morning with some inspirational reading of some sort.
- Write in a Gratitude Journal every day, either in the morning or in the evening.
- Get out and do something physical at least 3-4 days per week. A walk in nature, riding a bike, jogging, working out at a health club. This will create those “feel good endorphins” and help you to stay healthy and keep your mood more upbeat.
- Make healthier choices in your daily diet. Eat enough protein to sustain your energy and keep you satisfied, drink plenty of spring water, and lots of fruits and veggies. Take great supplements!
- Choose your friends wisely! Choose to spend time around positive people the majority of your moments. Stay away from negative conversations and interactions.
- Pay attention to your own self-talk. Check yourself many times per day to tune in and see what you’re feeling. If your mood is low I guarantee it has everything to do with what you’re thinking! If you’re feeling negative, stop and use appreciation as a doorway to better feeling emotions. Think about someone or something you appreciate. Take deep breaths and relax. All of this will raise your mood every time!
These are just 6 things you can put into play in your life to celebrate yourself and love your self daily.
Watch out though, you will begin to have more people, things and situations come into your life that will help you create more of a life you love!
Here is a link to look at my Kauai Spiritual Retreat coming up this fall and is guaranteed to help you celebrate you! Check it out to see if it’s something that is of interest to you: www.conniehertz.com/retreat
Please leave me a comment below about something you do to celebrate you!
With love and blessings,